|Student Web Sites Fall 2005|
|University of Southern Maine|
|EDU 300 Educational Technology|
Your Web Site Address Is http://students.usm.maine.edu/ followed by your user name
Your web page won't work until you upload information to your web site.
Students with "old" next to their address have a web page on the USM server which should be removed.
Name User Name USM E-mail Web Site Home Page Benjamin, Seth unknown Brunette, Nicholas nicholas.brunette Chateauvert, Matthew matthew.chateauvert Dennison, Kimberly kimberly.dennison Dubois, Renee renee.dubois Edwards, Devin devin.edwards Kopka, Melissa melissa.kopka Longacre, Robert robert.longacre Moulton, Allison allison.moulton Pelletier, Kristina kristina.pelletier Perkins, Ashlee ashlee.perkins Philbrick, Suzanne suzanne.philbrick Rizzo, Melissa melissa.rizzo Seavey, James Unknown Russo, Sarah sarah.russo Schofield, Jill jill.schofield Tobey, Erica etobey01 Wagner, Kim kimberly.a.wagner
Steps for uploading web pages to the student server
NOTE: you can only upload .html, .jpeg and .gif documents. Please do not upload Word, Excel, or other files. Also, if you have scanned a picture, check it's size. You only have 2 megabytes of space for your site, and if you scanned a picture in high resolution, it could be as large as 1 MB by itself. Your instructor can assist you in reducing the file size.
1) Go to web address: http://www.usm.maine.edu/agreement.html
2) Scroll down the page until you see "terms and conditions"; click there
3) Scroll down the page until you see "I Agree"; click here
4) Enter same ID as you use for getting on to Blackboard (unless instructed otherwise by Academic Computing)
5) Enter same password as you use for getting on to Blackboard
6) Scroll down the page until you see "Browse"; click here and select the web page document or image that you want to upload
Please remember that file names must have NO spaces, and you should not upload large files that were scanned or taken with digital pictures unless you compress them.
7) Click on "Upload" to put the file on the student server.
8) You must upload ALL files including graphics and images together
9) Check your file transfer by clicking on your web address at the top
10) As you update your site on your disk or hard drive, re-upload it so it remains current on ther server.
That's all there is to it!